Sunday, October 13, 2013

Short Story Reaction 1

Walking the Baby to the Liquor Store


This story was a tale of a man who takes his daughter to the store everyday.  The man was a writer and was to be told that he was very busy and had a lot on his plate but instead of getting work done in the morning he would take his daughter to the liquor store.  He said she enjoyed the journey there every time and he enjoyed seeing her happy.  With that being said he put everything aside to keep her happy and take her to the store.  It is a story that tells the tale of fatherhood and and to never put anything over your son or daughter's happiness.

I was attracted to this story because it reminded me of my memories of store trips I had.   The whole plot reminds me of multiple trips to the store I had with my 2 nieces. My nieces lived at the corner house right before the liquor store.  I remember every time I go to the liquor store they would be outside.  As soon as they saw me they would ask to go with me.  Since I can not say no to them I give in every time they ask.  Every trip we take I'm out of 20 dollars.  It came to the point where I used to sneak and go to the store by walking around the corner.  It also reminds me of a friend of mine who does not live in the state anymore.  He moved a while ago but when he comes back he takes his son to the store everyday around 3pm.  He did this because he believed that his son enjoyed  going to the store with him.  He did this faithfully until he went back to home.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, good response here. Expand, say a bit more, include more examples from the text and/or talk about some more of the stories. Also, fiction packet 2?

    ReplyDelete