Sunday, November 3, 2013

Juice Response (Rant)

Well for this book I am probably going to keep this review short because I don't want to rant for a long time. For this book I couldn't grasp the concept of the story. Not just for one story but for all of the stories that compiled the book. The one story in which infuriated me was the first. To start off I couldn't understand the main character. Beginning with the fact that it was impossible for me to find it's damn gender. If you as a reader cannot connect with the main character of the story, you will not be able care for the story. Also as a character of a story there has to be some type of development for that character. When the story begins you should be able to see your character's goal, personality and their resolve. As the story progresses you should be able to see every character change, especially the main character. The thing that I hate the most about this story and all the others also is that the characters are so damn blank and unable to connect with, which makes it a boring story. As with the other stories, the characters were distant (if they were actually different or not) which made the stories not able to be enjoy. The stories had nothing attractive towards them in which I no idea what the plots were about. Well that's pretty much all I have for this review

1 comment:

  1. Ok, try to also think about what the story IS doing in addition to what it is not.

    ReplyDelete